Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Psalm 103: 20-21 When God gives you an Angel

Our little Angel




Waylon Michael Martensen
Born
06/21/1990
Bothwell Regional Health Center
Sedalia, MO
9:10 PM, Thursday,
Weight -7 pounds 12 ounces.


Psalm 103: 20-21

Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word.  Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will.



The smell of a new born baby.  You cant wrap it up, bottle it or keep it forever....it lasts awhile, and then eventually goes away....but you never forget the smell...
You never forget the first time you hold your baby
the first time you count their little fingers
and toes
look into their eyes
touch their little nose
rub their little ears
hear their little cry..

You know, how blessed you are to be holding your little
baby, wrapped so tightly in that warm blanket..
You look at your little Angel,
and you vow to love and protect him forever..


2 Thessalonians 2:13

13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the the Spirit, and through belief in the truth.


I think what we never see or truly understand, is the Love God has already endured for us..
the son he sent.
The sacrifice He made...


I know I am going "deep" here....
but you see, I am still trying to make sense of all this...
Even though, in the end, I know that only through my own death will my eyes really be opened...
When I myself go to heaven...

I've heard different things said, or written,
like;

"God gives us our children to raise, until he calls them home."

"We are never guaranteed to have them forever."

 "He only calls the best back home early."

"He gives and takes away."

So, am I supposed to understand it...Is it supposed to make it easier? 

When God gives you an Angel,
He is going to take him back?

Well, eventually, He calls us all back home...
I understand that...

But Waylon, at 19....I don't understand..

Am I mad at God....
for those of you who know me....
you have already heard me answer this question...

NO...
I am not mad at God....
I have never been mad at God....

God didn't do this....
It was the choice of someone else...

I do believe, that everything does happen for a reason....
so, I have to believe, that all of this....
is for a greater reason, even though,  I don't understand.

I do believe that God is in control of all things...
but that as humans, we make choices that have bad consequences.

Waylon's death was because of a "bad choice", that his friend made....

Since "the accident", Rex and I have said, in everything that we do for Waylon, we want to only bring honor to his name..
to keep his memory alive,
to remember him for who he was, and the "pure" life he tried to lead...

So, through my blog, or the Annual 5-K we have,
or the scholarship we have started to give yearly at the school in honor of Waylon, or the t-shirts or green bracelets you see....
it is really all for Waylon,
to keep his memory alive.
So that, he is never forgotten......

Waylon, we love you,
Always.

Waylon truly was an Angel here among us.









No comments:

Post a Comment