Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Psalm 77: 1-2 (05-06-2010)


PSALM 77:
1-2
I cried out to the Lord...




Waylon Michael Martensen
1990-2010

I have cried out
I have cried out for you
Can you hear me
Can you see me..


Psalm  77
I cried out to God for help;
I cried out to God to hear me.
When I was in distress, I sought the
Lord:
at night I stretched out untiring
hands,
and my soul refused to be comforted.


I have cried out, please help me God
please help me through this
I am down
on my knees
I need you God
I need you

My heart is drained...
empty
will it ever feel again
will it ever beat with life again


May 6th, 2010


The rest of the night, (Thursday), went on with Dad, Wyatt and Roz and I finishing up the days events, getting ready for bed and watching the 10:00 news.  Odd for me, I didn't always stay up that late, still had Friday to go.

Wyatt and Roz went to bed around 10:30.  Dad and I finally in bed around 11:00.  I think that's when I started thinking about the days events and something really stuck in my head.

You didn't give me your standard good-by.  I have to include the readers in here on something, Waylon and I loved the "Lost" series.  And, one of the things from that show was a saying that Waylon had grown accustomed to using.  Especially with me, whenever we were together and Before he left, he would always say, "See you in another life, bra-ther."  Desmond, in Lost, would always say this on the show.

As I reflect back on my notes, I'm sharing my thoughts just a day after the accident.

"Hey Waylon, I didn't realize that when you said, "Don't worry Mom, I'm coming back home tonight," that you were preparing me for what was to come.  I know we had our quirky little sayings and our own little way of talking to each other.  Little things you take for granted every day.  So, when you didn't say to me, standing there in the kitchen as usual, "See you in another, bra-ther," ;
I should have known, right then and there, that you were "going Home to be with our Father".


I feel as most "mothers" do, this thing called intuition, And
I have, since the accident, thought so much of this one little part of that night.  I can still see you looking at me, like you saw some concern on my face for the late night activity.  You kinda smiled at me...the last smile I would see from Waylon...

  "Don't worry mom, I'm coming back home tonight."


And you were gone......

You see, it's these things that become almost an obsession.  You reflect back, over and over again.  Signs that maybe you should have said, "No, you're staying home tonight."  But, Way was in college.  Home to see not only us, but his friends.  And we didn't object.  We let him go about his normal activity.  Like we always did.

So, I went on to bed, excited about the plans made for Friday.  I did my usual count I always do, just before going to sleep.  In my mind I think of all my kids, where they are, and what they are doing. 
Rachel was in J.C.  Brittany was in Columbia, MU.  Roz and Wyatt here in the house.....

Waylon, would be home soon.......

just not to our home, here on Earth
but to a home only he would enter..





No comments:

Post a Comment