Sunday, May 6, 2012

Romans 9: 1-2




Romans 9:1-2


I speak the truth in Christ--I am not lying,
my conscience confirms it in the holy spirit--
I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart..





May 7th, 2010

Two years ago........tonight...... (a much different night than the one we are having tonight).......It was clear beautiful night....stars shining bright......no hint of what was to come....
And...

Our world changed,

Forever.....



Today, I'd like to be telling you about how well Waylon was doing in school, and that he would soon be graduating from Northwest Missouri State University...I'd tell you about his future plans, and how is was doing in Cross Country, along with his teammates.....

I'd tell you that he would be coming home soon to see his little brother graduate from high school....
And, how he would be stopping in the school to catch up with his former coaches....

He'd spend time with his sisters......Roz and Brittany and Rachel...play ball with his nephew.....and listen to his niece, Makenzy, as she told him a story..........
He would want to round up a good card game, maybe with Brad and his grandpa..

He would see his friends....and his family.......his cousins and we would all savor the time we had with him...

Because Waylon was special to be around....
and, It hurts deeply to have had to let him go at such an early age...
much sooner than we could have imagined...



I've heard a lot of things said to me since losing Waylon,
and the one thing that hits me the most with truth and honesty is this, "It's ok to grieve in your own way and time,"
"Not everybody grieves in the same way, or will go through stages in the same order, at the same time."

If you have lost a child, I pray you realize this, and,
That you know, there is not a "magic book" out there,

one that will take you through a particular path of healing....or promise to heal your broken heart...


But there is a Bible, and faith and hope...
and love....

And there is the promise that one day, I will see my son, Waylon, again.......
And that's what I carry with me, day to day....
and I pray someday, it will be easier to
carry.....

Waylon
we miss you
and
you are never forgotten

We love you always
Mom, Dad, Rachel, Brittany, Brad, Wyatt and Rozalyn,
Makenzy and Leyton










No comments:

Post a Comment